The Trilogy of Risk
Time & Location
About the Event
In this course, learners will explore the trilogy, concerning its potential impact on a child/young person living in a family where the trilogy may be a feature. During the course, Learners will -
- Explore the often common co-existence of family violence, parental substance misuse and parental mental health concerns (often undiagnosed, unmanaged or untreated mental illness).
- The potential impact on children and young people living in environments featuring these risks factors.
- Explore lessons for practice from case learnings.
This learning is mostly of interest to those professionals -
- In designated safeguarding positions or holding specific safeguarding responsibilities, e.g. their organisation's named/designated/lead safeguarding person, safeguarding champions, etc.
- Providing community or statutory social care support and/or support services for children and their families where the 'trilogy' or elements of the 'trilogy' are present. This commonly relates to professional supporting families with multiple and/or complex needs.
Course delivery will be from 9.30am - 4.30pm and includes AM/PM Refreshments and lunch.
Prior Learning Requirements
Learners must have already received safeguarding and child protection training to a level supporting them in having the knowledge and skills needed to recognise and respond to well-being concerns. If this remains outstanding, have a look at some of our eLearning courses, a course will help you meet this prior learning requirement, before this training event.
- The Trilogy of Risk$160$1600$0