Saturday - Early Years - Safeguarding & Child Protection
Time & Location
About the Event
“It was amazing. Interactive, so interesting and very relevant to our profession.” Learner Testimonial
Statistics show tamariki in their early years can be the most vulnerable to risks of harm and abuse. For example, our homicide stats continue to show the vulnerability of our early years, with more than two-thirds of these fallen angels being aged 2 or under. We also know our Early Years sector is one of our most regulated sectors, yet struggles to access tailored and time-friendly safeguarding and child protection training.
Problem solved! This weekend online class is specifically tailored to early years and can be accessed from anywhere that is comfortable for you. Organisations can also register their staff as a group (please contact us on 022 394 0619 to arrange group registrations). You are viewing our Saturday option. Click here to see our weekday early evening option.
This popular 2.5hr online class is a qualitative condensed version of our Safeguarding and Child Protection for Early Years eLearning course. The differences purely relate to personal learning preferences. Our online classes are inter-active and designed to mirror our face-to-face training as much as possible. Hence this learning option tends to be preferred by learners who prefer their online learning to be at a set timeframe and include some face-to-face guidance and support.
We will guide you through the key knowledge and skills needed to support you in:
- Being able to explain the difference between safeguarding and child protection.
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the impact these can have on a child's immediate and long-term development, health, and well-being.
- Identifying the different types of harm, categories and possible indicators of abuse in relation to our early years.
- Recognising the different types of disclosures and knowing how to respond safely.
- Applying best practice when reporting, referring and recording safeguarding and child protection concerns.
- Understanding how concerns may relate to a child's well-being and/or allegations against staff and the importance of staff promoting safe practice when working with children.
- Demonstrating safeguarding as a shared workforce responsibility that promotes a safeguarding culture, safeguarding everyone -children, staff and the organisation.
Who is this class for?
This class is for all early years staff, across all working levels. Although not exclusive, some examples include -
Organisations - Childcare Centres; Community and Daycare Services; Early Childhood Associations; Early Years Health and Hospital Services; Early Childhood Education and Care Services (including casual education and care providers); Home-based providers; Independent Early Years Professionals; Kindergartens; Montessori's; NGO's; Nurseries; Playcentres; Pregnancy Services; Te Kohanga Reo and many more.
Staff - this course can serve your whole workforce. From frontline staff (as their main learning) to those staff holding specific safeguarding responsibilities (e.g. Lead/Designated Person, Safeguarding Champions) as their foundation learning. It will also support any volunteers who may be assisting you on a regular or long-term basis.
Upon completion, all Learners will receive their Personal Certificate of Attendance. To help further evidence Continued Professional Development, all our certificates quote the course time (2.5 hours) and the course aim and learning objectives.
If your organisation would like to register a few staff for this course and would prefer to receive an invoice, we can arrange that for you. Please contact us on 022 394 0619 or email us at - firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange group registrations.
Some of our Learner testimonials when asked "how would you describe this course to others?" -
~ “One of the best child protection courses that I have been to”
~ “I’d tell them it was amazing. Interactive, so interesting and very relevant to our profession.”
~ “It is really lovely as it has all the helpful information.”
~ “Very well done, easy to listen to, time went by very quickly, good videos…good communication between participants.”
~ “Well worth the time, very informative and a very valuable tool and resources.”
~ “Yes, I would. As I said at the beginning, I wish that whole world could see this or something similar that relates to their country.”
~ “An informative course with real-life helpful skills and strategies to use.”
- Child Protection - Early Years$40$400$0