Time & Location
About the Event
An organisations recruitment processes effectively serve as its welcome invite and front door. In our personal lives, we can be consciously careful about who we invite to our homes and welcome through our front doors. We need to adopt the same practice for our organisations.
Unlike the other categories of abuse, sexual abuse can be a motive for unsafe people to seek out organisations in order to exploit their professional position of trust (whether paid, voluntary or contracted) and access to children and young people.
This class helps learners explore how safer recruitment is more than just advocated safety checks. We explore this by identifying how organisations can be exploited and the safeguarding solutions that can be used to help mitigate these risks.
In this engaging and informative, 2hr online class, we guide you through the key knowledge and skills needed to support you in:
- Stating the differences between Safety Checks and Safer Recruitment.
- Recognising how unsafe people may seek to exploit organisations supporting children and young people.
- Identifying safeguarding solutions that can help to deter, reject and prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Aligning safer recruitment to organisational policies and procedures.
- The benefits of safer recruitment processes.
Who is this class for?
This class is suitable for all organisations serving children and young people and/or adults-at-risk. This learning is likely to be of most interest for those professionals in -
- Leadership, Management and Supervisory Positions
- Human Resources, People and Culture, Learning and Development Positions.
- Positions holding specific safeguarding responsibilities, e.g. named/designated/lead safeguarding staff, safeguarding champions, etc.
Upon completion, all Learners will receive their Personal Certificate of Attendance. To help further evidence Continued Professional Development, all our certificates quote the course time (2 hours) and the course aim and learning objectives.
If your organisation would like to register a few staff for this course and would prefer to receive an invoice, we can arrange that for you. Please contact us on 022 394 0619 or email us at - email@example.com to arrange group registrations.
- Safer Recruitment$40$400$0