Child Protection for Early Years - PM Session
Time & Location
About the Event
Saturday PM Training Session from 1.30am-4.30pm
All children and young people are vulnerable to risks of abuse and neglect. However, sadly, statistics show that our early years are our most vulnerable. Our homicide stats continue to show how vulnerable our early years can be, with more than two-thirds of these fallen angels being aged 2 or under.
We also know the Early Years sector is one of the most regulated sectors, yet continues to struggle in accessing tailored safeguarding training, and training that doesn’t clash with services to families. So we are fixing this by ensuring our early years professionals have access to some weekend training, that is completely tailored to early years.
In this course, you will be guided through safeguarding and child protection for our children, staff and your organisation. The key skills and knowledge you will gain include:
- Being able to explain the difference between safeguarding and child protection.
- Identifying the impact adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and abuse can have on early childhood immediate and long-term development, health, and well-being.
- A familiarity with the different types of harm, categories of abuse and possible indicators and how all of these can relate to our early years.
- An understanding of the different types of disclosures and how to respond to a disclosure safely.
- Familiarity with best practice when reporting, referring and recording safeguarding and child protection concerns.
- An understanding of allegations against staff and the importance of maintaining a position of trust and safe practice when working with children.
- An appreciation of the importance for organisations to demonstrate a safeguarding culture, for everybody’s well-being, children, staff and the organisation.
Whatever your role, if you work within or support services in our early years' sector, this training is for you!
This 1/2 day event (3hrs) is offered as either an AM or PM session. You are currently viewing the PM session, 1.30-4.30pm. There is a short break, and light refreshments will be provided.
If you can't make this event, you may be interested in our Early Years eLearning course due to be available from the beginning of April. Please contact us, and we will make sure you are added to our eLearning mailing list.
- Early Years$100$1000$0