An Introduction to Safeguarding and Child Protection
Time & Location
About the Event
This engaging and informative online class is designed to enable those working with children and/or young people develop the safeguarding and child protection knowledge and skills needed to identify and respond to child well-being concerns and/or allegations against staff.
This popular 2.5hr online class is a qualitative condensed version of our Safeguarding and Child Protection for Aotearoa eLearning course. The differences purely relate to personal learning preferences. This learning option is very much for those who prefer their online learning to be at a set timeframe and include some face-to-face guidance and support. Critically, whether you decide to study safeguarding and child protection via this online class or our eLearning, all key learning remains.
In this engaging and interactive online class, we guide our learners through safeguarding and the 4 Rs of Child Protection (Recognising Concerns, Responding to Concerns, Reporting Concerns and Recording Concerns). Learners will develop the safeguarding and child protection knowledge and skills needed to identify and respond to child well-being concerns and/or allegations against staff.
We will guide you through the key knowledge and skills needed to support you in:
- Being able to explain the difference between safeguarding and child protection.
- Naming those children who may be more vulnerable to risks of harm.
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the impact these can have on a child's immediate and long-term development, health, and well-being.
- Identifying the different categories of abuse, as well as possible physical and behavioural indicators.
- Recognising the different types of disclosures and knowing how to respond safely.
- Applying best practice when reporting, referring and recording safeguarding and child protection concerns.
- Understanding how concerns may relate to a child's well-being and/or allegations against staff and the importance of staff promoting safe practice when working with children.
- Demonstrating safeguarding as a shared workforce responsibility that promotes a safeguarding culture, safeguarding everyone -children, staff and the organisation.
Who is this class for?
The class serves all organisations supporting children and young people. It is suitable for all staff and volunteers from all workings levels. It can be new safeguarding and child protection learning or serve as a great refresher for those needing to update their prior learning.
Upon completion, all Learners will receive their Personal Certificate of Attendance. To help further evidence Continued Professional Development, all our certificates quote the course time (2.5 hours) and the course aim and learning objectives.
If your organisation would like to register a few staff for this course and would prefer to receive an invoice, we can arrange that for you. Please contact us on 022 394 0619 or email us at - firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange group registrations.
- Safeguarding/Child Protection$40$400$0