The Trilogy of Risk
Time & Location
About the Event
The trilogy of risk has been identified via various global child abuse case learnings and research. It relates to risk factors such as Family Violence, Parental Substance Misuse and Parental Mental Illness. Research has shown many child death, or significant harm cases have reflected at least one or more of these trilogy factors, including many cases reflecting all three.
This online class helps learners take a detailed condensed look at the trilogy of risk (also known as the toxic trio), concerning its potential impact on a child/young person living in a family where the trilogy may be a feature. In this engaging and informative, 2.5hr online class, we guide you through the key knowledge and skills needed to support you in:
- Exploring often common co-existence of the trilogy factors.
- Recognising the potential impact on children and young people living in environments featuring these risks factors.
- Identifying lessons for practice from case learnings.
- Naming common barriers and challenges in responding to trilogy concerns.
- Stating potential strategies for working through child safety responses to any trilogy concerns.
Who is this class for?
This class can be of interest to many professionals working with children and young people. However, it tends to be of most interest to those professionals -
- Supporting families with multiple and/or complex needs, whether via community or statutory services, e.g. multi-agency teams, staff from the Social, Health, Education sectors etc.
- Who hold specific safeguarding responsibilities, e.g. named/designated/lead safeguarding staff, safeguarding champions, etc.
Upon completion, all Learners will receive their Personal Certificate of Attendance. To help further evidence Continued Professional Development, all our certificates quote the course time (2.5 hours) and the course aim and learning objectives.
For this class, we do advocate for learners to have already received their basic safeguarding and child protection training. If you are yet to undertake this training, have a look at our eLearning courses, you could complete one of these before this online class.
If your organisation would like to register a few staff for this course and would prefer to receive an invoice, we can arrange that for you. Please contact us on 022 394 0619 or email us at - firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange group registrations.
- The Trilogy of Risk$40$400$0