Tue, Jun 14|
Being a Child Safe Club Workshop
An exclusive Child Safety Workshop for Harbour Sport's Community where we explore how to create a safeguarding culture.
Time & Location
Jun 14, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMT+12
Auckland, Sports House Stadium Drive, Albany, Auckland 0632, New Zealand
About the event
Clubs can have the best safeguarding resources possible, but there is no guarantee these will be applied or applied qualitatively without a safeguarding culture. As shown in the University of Auckland's research Perceptions of Child Safeguarding Policies in New Zealand Sport*, which evidences:
- 34% of people as unsure or certain of any child safeguarding policy in their club/sport.
- High levels of uncertainty about whether more guidance was needed in their club/sport.
- 29% believed their current child safeguarding policy was not helping at all, and 23% were unsure if it was helping.
- 60% stated their child safeguarding policy had not changed their coaching practice.
As per child safety best practice, this engaging and informative 2-hour Being a Child Safe Club Workshop moves the spotlight from resources to creating a safeguarding culture and can help attendees:
- Explore the fundamentals of being a child safe organisation and creating a safeguarding culture.
- Recognise their organisational child safety strengths and needs.
- Identify practical steps to help create a safeguarding culture and demonstrate child safe best practice.
The workshop is best suited for staff in a position of influence, for example:
- Governance or Leadership
- Managerial and/or Supervisory Staff
- Staff in specialist roles, such as: - Human Resources - Safeguarding and Child Protection Positions - Learning and Development - Organisational Development/Fundraising Positions
Attendees receive a certificate of attendance. To help evidence Professional Development further, all certificates reference the full 2-hour study time, the course aim and objectives.
* Research - Dr Blak Bennett - Perceptions of Child Safeguarding Policy in New Zealand Sport, University of Auckland, April 2022
Being a Child Safe Club
Jun 14, 6:00 PM GMT+12
Thank you for registering for our Being a Child Safe Club workshop, which is offered in partnership with Harbour Sport.